Tuesday, December 6, 2011

love and hot chocolate

I had today off and it was wonderful.  I spent the better part of the day making dinner for my love.  I wanted to make it completely from scratch, and I wanted to make it something I know he would love.  We got a pasta machine for Christmas last year but we've never even taken it out of the box, so I thought it was more than about time.  It was intense.  I say intense because I've never made pasta before, and it made a lot... and quickly all the free surfaces and even the mixer were covered in fettuccine. 

Joshua really doesn't like red sauce, so I made a roasted garlic white wine alfredo cause, along with a tomato cucumber salad I know he loves.  All in all, it was a giant success.  He said it was the best meal he's ever had, and I'd say that puts a gold star on my wifely duties for the day.







He really is wonderful, and I am so very blessed to have him.

After supper (and a lot of dishes) I started working on Christmas presents, and who doesn't love hot chocolate?  One of my favourite magazines is called Where Women Cook and in this issue there was an awesome idea for individual servings of hot chocolate.  I can't wait to make more!


A very successful day off indeed!  Tomorrow... the possibilities are endless, but I have a feeling it's going to be sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment