Tuesday, October 23, 2012

pumpkin... in a lot of forms

Fall and pumpkins are synonymous in my life and this fall has not failed me.  Pumpkin pie, pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin granola and pumpkin smoothies so far have topped my list.


This pumpkin pie is delicious and not too sweet.  Thank you Martha Stewart, you continue to exceed my expectations! The only thing I did was add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.  The pie tasted even better the next day.


I found this pumpkin doughnut recipe on pinterest.  As a side note, I'm kind of obsessed with pinterest.  It can get bad.  I feel like I turn into this drone who can only scroll down and say things in my head like "just one more picture..." On the bright side, I do find things inspiring enough to pull away from the screen for a little while.  These doughnuts were one of those things, and a hit in my house.  


Another pinterest find, this pumpkin granola was really good.  I've since decided I like my granola much plainer but for what it was it really was delicious.  

Josh makes fun of my love affair with chocolate chips.  I eat them with a lot. Popcorn, cereal, almonds, chips, alone... I seriously think if there is one thing I couldn't live without it would be chocolate chips.  And coffee but definitely chocolate chips. 
 

The pumpkin smoothie I made up after seeing a bunch of other recipes.  It was super easy, fast, delicious and nutritious.

 
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
from back to basics

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 frozen banana
1 Tbs whey protein
1 Tbs maple syrup
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

In a blender (or magic bullet in my case) blend all ingredients and then enjoy!

I love everything about the fall.  

We'll see what other goodies I can come up with in the next little while.  I'm thinking apple picking and apple sauce. Whatever it is I know my kitchen will smell delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment