Saturday, March 24, 2012

chocolate flower pots

It's spring and it's making me so happy.  Cupcakes, bright colours and sprinkles also make me happy, so naturally I figured out a way to combine them all.

I just got these silicone flower pot cupcake holders from the christmas tree store while I was visiting my mom and sister in the states.  Super cute. 

Side note: That store is awesome, I wish we had them in Canada.


I also got to try out a recipe I found that makes 4 cupcakes.  So convenient because I really didn't want to eat the cupcakes as much as just decorate them, so there was no waste.  Realistically though I can't imagine chocolate cupcakes would ever go to waste around here, but still.


One of the things we did for my bachelorette party was decorate cupcakes with marshmallows to look like flowers.  (We also decorated phallic shaped cookies, but that's not really appropriate for this blog, so we'll just stick with the flower cupcakes.)

Side note: I'm a little bit closer now to diminishing my marshmallow stock pile!


It's so super easy.  All you need is sprinkles and mini marshmallows.  Cut the marshmallows diagonally and dip the sticky side in the sprinkles.  That's it.  


4 Chocolate Cupcakes

1/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon white vinegar
1/3 cup flour
4 teaspoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4teaspoon baking powder
4 teaspoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup brown sugar

Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 4 cups of a muffin tin with paper liners.

Pour the milk into a small bowl. Add the vinegar and let sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.

Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a small bowl.

In another bowl, whisk together the canola oil, vanilla and brown sugar. Add the dry ingredients to the oil and brown sugar mixture in two batches, alternating with the milk mixture.

Divide the batter between the 4 muffin cups and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted
comes out clean.


Welcome back spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment