Monday, March 26, 2012

rocky road cookies

 
I made this cookie batter with chocolate chips and pretzels last week and they were to die for!  Sadly I have no pictures, only the fondest of memories of how delicious they were, but it did leave me with ideas on what else I could bake into this amazing dough.

Again with the marshmallows, I feel like I'll never use them all up!  So these road cookies were born out of the same desire as the rice krispies I've baked so many times lately... I am still not even half way through the collection, but I'm getting there.



 Combine butter white sugar and brown sugar.


Cream together and then add egg and vanilla and combine.
 

Add flour baking soda and salt and combine.


Add chocolate chips and nuts.

Note: DO NOT ADD THE MARSHMALLOWS! Ignore the picture, just trust me.
 

Mix it all together and form into balls.


Bake for 8 minutes at 350.


This is why you should not add the marshmallows to the dough.  They melted and basically burnt onto the pan.  What a disaster it was to get them off the cookie sheets... such a disaster that this is the crumbly mess (of deliciousness mind you, but crumbly mess none the less) of cookies with the marshmallows baked right in.
 

Instead, mix the chocolate chips and nuts into the dough, form into balls and then place 2-3 marshmallows on top of each cookie.  That way they bake on top of the cookie and don't end up in a crumbly disaster (of deliciousness) like the above picture.

Rocky Road Cookies
 from back to basics

3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup slivered almonds
about 1 cup of mini marshmallows, maybe a bit less

Cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. 

Add the egg and vanilla and mix into creamed mixture.

Add the flour, baking soda and salt and combine with creamed dough.

Add chocolate chips and nuts, roll into balls and then place on baking sheet.  Add 2-3 marshmallows to the top of each ball and then bake for 8-10 minutes at 350.

Note: It depends on your oven but I have never baked them more than 8 minutes.


Maybe next time I'll use festive Easter M&M's instead of rocky road...  Just a though.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment