Thursday, February 23, 2012

chocolate chip cookies


When I first came across the recipe for these chocolate chip cookies I just couldn't want to try them.  They're advertised as being the best ever.  That's a lot to live up to if I do say so myself, and while I do agree that they were delicious, they were not the best ever.  For me anyway.


I had issues.  Clearly I had too many on the cookie sheet, and too much in each cookie.  I also felt like the batter was a bit too warm.  No problem, nothing a little less batter and a fridge can't fix.


Second tray in the oven was much much better.  I noticed while the first pan was in the oven that I needed to decrease the amount I was putting on each sheet so I took some off before they went in the oven.


By the third try I felt like I had figured it out, but they just don't look as delicious as what I was expecting.  The picture from the blog I got the recipe from makes the cookies look like the soft and chewy mr. cristies cookies. I was expecting this:

(Photo courtesy of the blog Apple A Day)

And I got this:


Again, it's not that my cookies were bad, they just weren't what I was expecting.  I have too high of expectations sometimes.  None the less, these will all get eaten... That's an expectation I know I can count on.


2 comments:

  1. From my own experience with baking cookies, it's best not to handle them too much. If you make the balls perfectly round they come out like yours but if you scoop and place quickly, leaving them a little rough, they come out like the image you posted.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the advice! I miss my scoops, they're all in storage, but it never even occurred to me that that may have been the reason. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete