Sunday, February 26, 2012

love, sweet love


I had the brilliant idea of not only having a dessert table at our wedding, but baking it all myself.  In retrospect, it was indeed brilliant, and I'm so proud of myself for pulling it off.  I must give credit where it's due and thank those who helped make it a possibility though, because while the idea was to do it all by myself, it didn't end up going down that way.

To my amazingly wonderful and talented sister, maid of honour, photographer, wedding planner, designer and recipe contributor Margie, it would not have been possible without you!

To my mom for staying with us for the week leading up to the wedding and baking the chocolate chip meringues, sour cream cookies and the chocolate bundt cakes.

To Stephanie for not only the smartie cookies, but for the problem solving that went along with them.

To Sharlene at Sweet Celebrations for such a beautiful and delicious wedding cake.

Lastly, to the women who inspired me to make a dessert table filled with family recipes to begin with.  If it weren't for those women who baked them first, there wouldn't have been a table filled with as much love and history as there was.

If I had to go back and do it again, I absolutely would. 


Nannie's Smartie cookies


Omi`s Mandarine Cake



Margie`s Mocha Chocolate Cake


Mom`s Chocolate Chip Meringues


Mom`s Neapolitans


Josh`s request: My Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream


Grandma`s Sour Cream Cookies and Dar`s Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins






Though not a part of the actual dessert table, I made 90 jars of peach jam to give to each guests as our bomboniere.



Our wedding was indeed filled with love, sweet love.

No comments:

Post a Comment