Monday, February 27, 2012

oatmeal white chocolate cookies


I'm not the hugest fan of white chocolate, but Josh is.  If fact, he doesn't even like chocolate unless it's white.  It boggles my mind.  

Oatmeal white chocolate cookies are his favourite, and so when he asked me to make them for him today I couldn't say no.  

The recipe I use is basically the same recipe I use for my oatmeal dark chocolate cherry cookies, with a couple differences.  Today, there were more then a couple differences because of ingredient issues.  So the recipe I used today is as follows.


Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies
from back to basics

155 g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
 140 g unsalted butter
110 g white sugar
110 g brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
48 g old fashioned oats
48 g spelt flakes
30 g flax seeds 
300 g white chocolate 

Preheat oven to 325

Wisk flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.

Cream the butter and sugars together and then add the egg and vanilla.

Add the flour mixture and mix until just blended.

Add oats, spelt flakes, then chocolate.

Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 15-18 minutes until edges are golden brown.

 The cookies came out thin and crispy, but still chewy enough that they're not hard.  


I still much prefer the combination of dark chocolate and cherries in these cookies but as far as white chocolate oatmeal goes, these really are delicious. Even if I don't particularly enjoy white chocolate. 

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look and sound delicious! I will definitely give this recipe a try! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete